How to convert a video to standard 720p/1080p format
If you have a video that is not supported by a NEUMI digital photo frame, here’s a quick tutorial using free software to convert the video into standard 720p/1080p format so that it plays without issue.
Step 1: Download and install Handbrake video converter
Download and install the free Handbrake video converter software from https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Step 2: Open your video using Handbrake
Run the Handbrake software, and drag/drop your video into Handbrake:
Step 3: Choose the output format of your video
- In the Preset box, choose General – Fast 1080p30
- In the Format box, choose MKV or MP4, either selection is fine
- Click on the Browse button and select the output folder and file name for the converted video. IMPORTANT: If you selected “MP4” as the output video format, make sure that the output file name has “mp4” as the file extension.
Step 4: Adjust video output dimensions
Click on the Dimensions tab and make the following changes:
- In the Anamorphic box, choose “None”
- Place a checkmark in the box for “Keep Aspect Ratio”
- Under the Cropping option, select “Custom”
- For the Top, Left, Right, and Bottom boxes, enter “0” for all four boxes
Step 5: Encode your new video!
Click on the green “Start Encode” button and wait for the conversion process to finish. Try out your newly converted video, it should play perfectly!
Still Have Questions?
Contact our support team and we will provide personalized assistance.